Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center is growing and we are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team! Flexible hours, full-time and part-time positions are available. If you are interested in applying for a position, please complete an application and send along with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest!
Click here to download our employment application (as a .pdf) (or as a .doc)
Ending companion animal homelessness in Camden County through community awareness and responsible ownership.
Our vision is to save more lives by achieving and sustaining a 90% save rate by 2020 year-end.
Director of Veterinarian Services
Director of Veterinarian Services position of Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center will support efforts to provide quality veterinary care to the thousands homeless animals as well as Camden County community pets through low-cost spay and neuter and vaccine clinic services.
Director of Veterinarian Services will oversee all clinic operations and medical staff including high quality; high volume spays and neuter surgeries, vaccination clinics, medical evaluation and treatment of sick and injured shelter animals. Supervises staffing plans and budgets, will evaluate area expenditures to meet budget constraints.
Responsible for managing high level of veterinary services, development, and implementation of all clinic and medical operational objectives. Minimum of 3 years in shelter operations, clinic operations, veterinary hospital, shelter medicine and/or senior level management required.
Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited institution. Concentration in shelter medicine preferred. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Please email your resume to Jill Rawlins, Executive Director.
We are looking for a thorough housekeeper with excellent cleanliness standards to attend all areas of our facility. The goal is to enhance customer experience by keeping our facilities in clean and orderly condition.
- Laundry – Keep laundry machines running during shift. Fold laundry and put away
- Dishes – Wash all dirty litter pans and bowls and buckets. Sanitize dishes in dishwasher
- Other duties include – Tidying Break Room, Emptying trash as needed, Filling bathroom paper towel and soap dispensers, Sweeping/mopping floors as needed, Ensuring Housekeeping room is kept clean, Ensuring hallways throughout shelter remain clear, Other duties as assigned by management.
- Comply with health and safety regulation and act in line with company policies and licensing laws
We are seeking to hire a part/full time veterinary technician. Duties include but not limited to, surgical prep and monitoring, administering vaccines and drawing blood.
Preparing medications and aiding in the treatment of shelter animals. Basic data entry, cleaning of instruments and the surgical suite and other related duties. Experience a plus but not necessary. Please e-mail resumes to Valerie Miller, our Clinic Manager, at email@example.com.
Front Desk Administrator
We are seeking to hire two part time front desk administrators. Duties include but not limited to, answering phones, customer service, pet adoptions, and general clerical work.
A pleasant demeanor and perpetual smile are *must-haves* for this position. If interested, please e-mail resumes to Rose Rumaker, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kennel Attendant Position
The Kennel Attendant is responsible for the overall care of all the animals within the shelter. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the shelter.
Duties will include:
• To observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
• To thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas of the shelter as often as is necessary.
• To determine the type and amount of food animals receive.
• To take charge and/or handle animals as required and to restrain hard to control animals.
• To walk dogs several times a day to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
• To perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
• Under direction of the Shelter Operations Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care of all shelter animals.
To be considered for this position you may stop into the shelter during our Business Hours of Operation to fill out an application, or contact Jennifer Scoppetta, Assistant Operations Manager at email@example.com.
Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center is seeking a relief veterinarian to serve our shelter animals. HBPAC provides high volume spay and neuter surgeries (20-30/day). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day evaluation, spay/neuter surgeries as well as treatment and rehabilitation of shelter animals. Flexible availability required, including Saturdays. A valid New Jersey veterinary license and previous shelter experience is required. Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center is non-for-profit, animal welfare organization.
Please email your resume to Valerie Miller, Clinic Manager or call 856-401-1300 ext 106.