If you are looking to rehome your pet, please give us a call so we can help you through the decision process. You can learn more about training and behavior tools or call us at 856-401-1300 ext. 102 and we may provide more information about behavioral issues.
If it is decided that rehoming your pet is the best option, we recommend finding a new home for the pet yourself with friends, neighbors, family or co-workers. If that fails, we’ve teamed up with Adopt-A-Pet and the Petco Foundation to provide you with a simple rehoming solution:
- Go to the Adopt-a-Pet website (found here).
- Answer a few brief questions about your pet (breed, age, sex, health, etc)
- Upload a couple photos (or even a video!)
- Be connected with adoptive families!!!
If you are not successful in finding a loving home for your pet, you can learn more about surrendering your pet to us.
Surrendering Your Pet
We accept the return/surrender of owned cats and dogs by appointment only and there is a fee of $150.00 for each pet. Please call us at 856-401-1300 ext. 102 to schedule an appointment. If we do not have the space available, you will be placed on our waiting list and will receive a call when space opens. This could take between one week to two months depending on the type of animal and time of year.
Appointments are scheduled Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will meet with a member of our staff to go over and review information that will help us find another home for your pet.
Please allow up to 45 minutes for the appointment and expect the following during this time:
- Complete a surrender profile of your pet (link below)
- A staff member may evaluate the temperament of your pet
- Once your pet has been screened and we decide on the best placement for your pet, your surrender fee of $150.00 will be collected