Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center is growing and we are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team! Flexible hours, full-time and part-time positions are available. If you are interested in applying for a position, please complete an application and send along with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest!
Click here to download our employment application (as a .pdf) (or as a .doc)
Ending companion animal homelessness in Camden County through community awareness and responsible ownership.
Our vision is to save more lives by achieving and sustaining a 90% save rate by 2020 year-end.
Temporary Employment Opportunities
We appreciate the necessary preventive measures taking place across our community. At the same time, there may be people and families placed in difficult financial situations as a result of being out of work.
For a limited time, we’re offering temporary employment opportunities for people in our communities. You must be 18 years or older to qualify and live within 30 minutes of the shelter (Blackwood, NJ).
Director of Veterinarian Services
Director of Veterinarian Services position of Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center will support efforts to provide quality veterinary care to the thousands homeless animals as well as Camden County community pets through low-cost spay and neuter and vaccine clinic services.
Director of Veterinarian Services will oversee all clinic operations and medical staff including high quality; high volume spays and neuter surgeries, vaccination clinics, medical evaluation and treatment of sick and injured shelter animals. Supervises staffing plans and budgets, will evaluate area expenditures to meet budget constraints.
Responsible for managing high level of veterinary services, development, and implementation of all clinic and medical operational objectives. Minimum of 3 years in shelter operations, clinic operations, veterinary hospital, shelter medicine and/or senior level management required.
Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited institution. Concentration in shelter medicine preferred. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Please email your resume to Jill Rawlins, Executive Director.
The Lifesaving Manager will oversee all the lifesaving programs at Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center that assist with sustaining and exceeding 90% animal save rate. The lifesaving programs include: the foster care program, the behavioral team, transport and rescue, adoptions, enrichment and outreach programs. The Lifesaving Manager will collaborate with volunteers, animal care teams and program coordinators to achieve the lifesaving mission. Lifesaving Manager will report directly to the Assistant Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Overseeing the Foster Care Coordinator and Foster Program
- Overseeing the Behavioral Team
- Developing relationships with Rescue Organizations
- Coordinating transport events to rescue partners
- Sustaining and expanding enrichment programs
- Expanding outreach for Community Cat groups
- Data compilation through PetPoint for all income/outcome information
- Public engagement through social media to build awareness for shelter needs
- Support Adoption Team and Marketing TeamPlease e-mail resumes to Jill Rawlins, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
We are seeking to hire a part/full time veterinary technician. Duties include but not limited to, surgical prep and monitoring, administering vaccines and drawing blood.
Preparing medications and aiding in the treatment of shelter animals. Basic data entry, cleaning of instruments and the surgical suite and other related duties. Experience a plus but not necessary. Please e-mail resumes to Valerie Miller, our Clinic Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kennel Attendant Position
The Kennel Attendant is responsible for the overall care of all the animals within the shelter. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the shelter.
Duties will include:
• To observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
• To thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas of the shelter as often as is necessary.
• To determine the type and amount of food animals receive.
• To take charge and/or handle animals as required and to restrain hard to control animals.
• To walk dogs several times a day to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
• To perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
• Under direction of the Shelter Operations Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care of all shelter animals.
To be considered for this position you may stop into the shelter during our Business Hours of Operation to fill out an application, or contact Jennifer Scoppetta, Assistant Operations Manager at email@example.com.
Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center is seeking a relief veterinarian to serve our shelter animals. HBPAC provides high volume spay and neuter surgeries (20-30/day). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day evaluation, spay/neuter surgeries as well as treatment and rehabilitation of shelter animals. Flexible availability required, including Saturdays. A valid New Jersey veterinary license and previous shelter experience is required. Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center is non-for-profit, animal welfare organization.
Please email your resume to Valerie Miller, Clinic Manager or call 856-401-1300 ext 106.